Most women can get confused on how to get pregnant and many lack the information of what to do to get pregnant fast. Adequate preparation for pregnancy helps women make the choice to live a healthy lifestyle for themselves and the baby they are expecting. At the time you are trying to have a baby, it is important to be careful of the foods, drinks and drug you put into your system as they make or mar your chances of getting pregnant.
- TRY FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS IF : Before you can start to worry and seek medical advice, it is advisable to try getting pregnant for at least six months if you are older than 35 years and at least a year if you are under 35 years of age.
- MAINTAIN A HEALTHY BODY WEIGHT :To increase your chances of getting pregnant, it is recommended that you maintain a healthy body weight. This will help your body to anticipate your baby. If you are overweight, it is time to cut off some weight as women who have too much body fat produce oestrogen which can interfere with ovulation. Being skinny is not advisable as well because women who are too thin may stop ovulating and might not get regular periods. This might be a good time to check you BMI and work towards a normal BMI range.
The foods you eat can also foster your chances of getting pregnant.
- GOOD NUTRITION: Good nutrition is important when you are trying to get pregnant. You will need plenty of vitamins and mineral. Eating foods rich in calcium, proteins and Iron alongside fruits and vegetables would also help as they promote fertility. Avoid foods containing mercury and reduce caffeine intake.
Take vitamins as well. It is recommended that you take 400 micrograms per day of folic acid and B vitamins well. It is necessary that your spouse eat healthy and have the right dose of vitamins to ensure overall reproductive health.
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE FOR MEN: Men play a part in the process too. Encourage your man to cut down on alcohol and caffeine, to quit smoking and hard drugs, and to maintain a healthy weight.
- KNOW WHEN YOU OVULATE: The biggest secret to getting pregnant fast is knowing when you ovulate (release an egg from your ovary). You ovulate only once each menstrual cycle, and there are just a few days during that time when it’s possible to conceive. Knowing when you ovulate means that you and your partner can time intercourse to have the best chance of getting pregnant that cycle. Just before ovulation when a woman is most fertile, the amount of mucus increases and it also becomes thinner, clearer and more slippery, said the March of Dimes. When cervical mucus becomes more slippery, it can help sperm make its way to the egg. Have sex regularly. It is best to have sex every other day so it keeps you from the routine of having sex when you start ovulating and stops you from stressing a lot about pregnancy.
- Before long you would be carrying a bun in the oven.Scriptural pregnancy confession
- REDUCE STRESS : Recent research shows that stress boosts levels of stress hormones, such as adrenaline, catecholamines and cortisol, which can inhibit the release of the body’s main hormone, GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone), which is responsible for the release of sex hormones. Subsequently this may suppress ovulation in women, reduce sperm count in men and lower libido in both women and men.