Apple is a low calorie food and rich in other essential nutrients. If you want your child to retain a healthy body weight and not suffer from obesity, you must incorporate apples in his or her daily diet.
Here we shall take a closer look at the benefits of taking this power fruit daily:
- Apples are rich in vitamins like A, B1, B2 and C. They also contain minerals like iodine, phosphorous, iron and calcium that aids in overall development of your kid. Minerals and vitamins are must for development of muscle tissues, skin, organs, blood and bones in children.
- Apples are rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients that act against harmful chemicals and muscular degeneration in eyes. It also helps in reducing symptoms of asthma.
- It is a good source of dietary fiber, which helps in reducing bad cholesterol and increase amount of good cholesterol.
- Presence of too much of bad cholesterol hardens arteries, increases blood pressure and increases chances of strokes and heart disease as well. It is thus essential that you start giving apples to your kids from the very early age to keep at bay these problems.
Apples are also known to prevent diarrhea. It is better to consult with your doctor about this before you try different remedies on your own.
Once your baby is 6 months old you can introduce Apple puree as part of the complimentary foods to him
1 medium size apple
1/2 cup of water
1 tablespoon of BodyWell Food.
1) Peel apple and remove core, chop into small pieces.
2)Using a small pot add in the water and apple.
3)Bring to the boiling and then reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes Or until the apple is cooked through.
Add little water if it needs more cooking.
4)Using a stick blender, puree the apple until it is nice and smooth add a teaspoon of BodyWell Food and serve.
Preparation time :