Ewedu soup is indigenous to the Yoruba people, a very popular Nigerian ethnic group. Ewedu is simple and healthy vegetable to prepare.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF EWEDU.
– This leaf (Ewedu) is clearly rich in micro nutrients, and these micro nutrients aid in reducing the chances of illness in the consumer.
– The main vitamins found in Jute leafs (ewedu leaves) are vitamin A, C and E, and these vitamins are key in the protection of the body from certain degenerative diseases.
– The vitamins present in Jute leafs (ewedu leaves) are also known to be skin beautifying agents as they tend to increase the production of collagen. HOW TO MAKE NIGERIAN SWALLOW FOOD FOR YOUR BABIES – Motherhood Nigeria
– The ewedu leaf is an adequate source of fibre, thus making the plant very helpful in dealing with weight management and may also promote intestinal health by helping with bowel movement.
– Ewedu leafs are also known to help boost immunity and nourish the body system.
– Due to the vitamins and minerals present in ewedu leaves, they have also been said to be used in the home setting in the management of stomach related conditions such as dysentery, constipation and the likes.
– They are also used to relief pains and possess some anti tumour properties.
– The Ewedu leaf is rich in beta-carotone which supports good eyesight.
– The antioxidants present in ewedu leaves aid in the protection of the body from chronic diseases and some medical conditions.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Ewedu leaves (corchorus olitorius)
Ground crayfish (optional)
HOW TO PREPARE EWEDU SOUP FOR BABIES
Nicely pick just the leaves (no stem allowed), then go ahead and wash properly with a lot of water to remove any sand left on it.
Pour the ewedu inside your blender with boiled and deboned titus fish and blend together then blend until desire consistency.
Then pour your blended ingredients into the pot with small quantity of water, boil all ingredients for minimum 10 minutes.
Serve with soft Amala or semovita
Please DO NOT adds potash cube or ground powder into baby’s food. Its not healthy but you can add locust bean from 9 months old babies.